GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA SESSION 2017
SENATE BILL 77
Short Title: Public Meetings/Records Law Violations. (Public) Sponsors: Senators Cook, Sanderson (Primary Sponsors); and Krawiec.
Referred to: Rules and Operations of the Senate
February 15, 2017
- A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
- AN ACT TO MAKE VIOLATIONS OF THE PUBLIC RECORDS AND OPEN MEETINGS
- LAWS CLASS 3
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
SECTION 1. G.S. 132-9 is amended by adding a new subsection to read:
It is a Class 3 misdemeanor to deny access to public records for purposes of inspection
- and examination or to deny copies of public “
- SECTION 2. Article 33C of Chapter 143 of the General Statutes is amended by
- adding a new section to read:
- “ 143-318.lSA. Violation of Article.
- Violation of this Article is a Class 3 “
- SECTION This act becomes effective December 1, 2017.