Name: Walter B. Jones Office Sought: US Congress (NC-3)
1. How do you want to be contacted?
Contact information can be found through my website at http://www.walterjonescommittee.com
2. Your educational background, experience and demonstrations of leadership?
I am a lifelong resident of Farmville, North Carolina. I’ve been married to Joe Anne for over 50 years. We have a beautiful daughter, Ashley.
As a senior member of the House Armed Services Committee, I am concentrated on our national defense, our military communities, and the well-being of veterans, active service members and their families. Over the past 14 years, I have cosponsored more legislation to help veterans than any member of Congress.
3. Memberships and associations?
4. Why are you running for this office?
I am a conservative, a deficit hawk, and a warrior against wasteful spending. Over the past 14 years, I am the only member of Congress to vote against every bloated budget.
I am a man of strong faith. I believe in the Bible and the Constitution.
I’ve fought the special interests and the bad, back-room deals they cut with the Washington Establishment, and I’m excited to continue the fight for conservative principles for the people of Eastern North Carolina.
5. As a representative of Coastal North Carolina what is your stance on regulation of recreational and commercial fishing?
Federal fisheries management badly needs more flexibility, transparency and accountability. To deliver that, I’ve authored three core provisions in the House fisheries reform bill.
6. Would you support a ban on Sharia Law or any other foreign law in America?
7. What place does God have in public schools?
The removal of God from the public schools has been a contributing factor in many of the social ills facing our country. As the Bible tells us, “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.” The more we get away from that, the more problems we’ll have.
8. Should high school students be taught our founding history and the details of the U.S. Constitution?
Yes. The brilliance of what the founding fathers gifted to us in the Constitution cannot be overstated. Failing to instill that knowledge in the generations to come puts the future of our republic at risk.
9. Would you support a law to remove requirements for “Certificate Of Need”?
This is an area that bears more oversight by the Congress and state legislatures. Consumers deserve the best quality and choice at the lowest cost.
10. What is your position on gun registration, gun free zones and concealed carry laws?
I support the 2ndAmendment rights of law-abiding citizens and have cosponsored and voted for concealed carry reciprocity legislation.
11. Do you support border security, including the wall, and better controlled immigration?
I am a leader in the fight to secure our borders, stop illegal immigration, and block amnesty. I have an A+ rating from NumbersUSA (the leading anti-illegal immigration group in the country).
12. Do you support picture ID requirements for voting?
13. What is your view on nullification and interposition?
I believe in the wisdom of the Constitution, which lays out the means by which the people can change their elected representatives, the laws of the land, and the Constitution itself.
14. If elected, what is your number one priority?
Stopping the federal government’s exploding $21 trillion national debt and $800 billion dollar annual deficits, and the continued waste of taxpayers’ money overseas in places like Afghanistan.